– Hey guys.
(logo whooshes) (hinge squeaks)Welcome back, it's Halloween season and we've noticedthat there are a lot of Native American inspired makeup tutorials making the rounds of the Internet.
– So Jenny and I, we thoughtwe would make our own.
I mean, who better to teach you guys about real, authentic Native American makeup than two real, authentic Native Americans? – Let's get to work Cara.
– It's like I'm blendingcultural sensitivity right into my skin.
– I know Jenny uses bronzer,but we got different skin tones from different tribes.
Ancient tool for beautification passed down from Sephora.
– This is an art that my people have been perfecting for centuries.
And by my people, I mean theentire makeup-wearing populace.
– Blend like your life depends on it.
And for many NativeAmericans, it actually has.
– There you go guys, NativeAmerican inspired makeup.
And the best part aboutthis native look is that if you wear it on Halloween,you won't offend anybody.
– And it's so easy, likeanyone could wear it.
– It's amazing how simple it is.
– We're gonna getserious just for a minute and tell you guys why we made this video.
– There are a lot ofthese videos out there and hey, some of you guys are super talented makeup artists.
– Yeah, we actually lovesome of the looks you've come up with, but wejust want to be clear.
It's not your designswe have a problem with, it's labeling them asNative American inspired that's we have a problem with.
– It's a little trickybecause they're not inspired by any actual Native Americans.
They're inspired by charactersfrom Disney cartoons and John Wayne movies.
– They're inspired by stereotypes.
– And when you labelthem as Native American, you're helping toperpetuate those stereotypes whether you intend to or not.
You're helping to perpetuate the myth that Native Americansare savage or exotic.
– Believe it or not, a lotof people believe that.
– And we fight thoseperceptions every single day.
– Words matter.
– Words matter.
We hope this has given youguys a few ideas to work with.
Just remember, – this is authentic.
– This is authentic.
– Happy Halloween guys.
(dramatic keyboard music) (logo whooshes)(hinge squeaks).